Need to Write Quality Content in a Hurry? These Five Writing Tips Will Help
Photo by: Denise Krebs
Writing a novel takes a long time. Even writing an essay or article can take time depending on how in depth you want to go and how much you want to polish your words so that each and every one of them shines. In a perfect world you would have enough time to carefully craft your article or piece of content, but in the real world where most of us live, deadlines are real.
And unlike Douglas Adams, most of us can’t get excited at the sound of them rushing by us. Writing killer quality content quickly is not impossible if you begin with a plan and some grear tips like on Gosipier – and not just any old plan either. The following are five useful tips that will help you produce great writing in a short amount of time.
Photo by: Desi
Here are five simple ways you can speed up the writing process while still producing quality content.
- Research First – The first thing you want to do is make sure you research the topic you’re writing about. Doing this upfront has many advantages.
- Make Notes – While doing your research, be sure to take good notes. You can write these out or type them up. The important thing is getting them down so you can refer to them later.
- Follow Notes – As you begin writing, keep a close eye on your notes (and outline) so that you don’t start to stray away from your original topic. There’s nothing worse that an article that isn’t focused.
- Set Aside – After you’ve written the first draft, set it aside for a while. Usually you’d want a few days to do this, but if you don’t have that much time, set it aside for an hour or two at least and come back to it with fresh eyes.
- Edit and Revise – When you come back to the article, you’re sure to see things you didn’t notice before. Take this opportunity to edit and revise the text so that it shines.
If the above doesn’t work for you, try changing it up a little bit so that it fits your personal writing style. You’ll want to make sure you keep the basic strategy of the plan in place, but there’s nothing stopping you from coming up with your own working routine. As long as you have something in place, you’ll be fine.
The best way to get better at writing is to write each and every single day. And when you don’t feel motivated enough to write new content, you can still work by editing work you’ve already written to make sure it’s polished and shines brilliantly. Some may say that writing great content quickly is impossible, but this really isn’t true if you have the skills and know what you’re doing.